Last updated: 07 March 2021
We are TeleVU Innovation (TeleVU, we, us, company). TeleVU Suite includes the TeleVU iSee & uSee apps and a pair of Smart Glasses. Using our technology platform, healthcare providers communicate with each other and with their clients. To offer quality service to you, your organization and your clients, we collect and use certain information, including the personal information you supply to or otherwise make available through the TeleVU Suite.
Your privacy and the security of you and your client’s personal information are very important to us, and we take every measure to safeguard such information. We are committed to complying with applicable Provincial and Federal privacy legislation.
Please read the following “Privacy Statement” to learn more.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected by TeleVU or supplied by you through our app, our website or by other electronic or physical means.
Considering our software is used by healthcare organizations and care providers, this Policy does not apply to the collection, use, retention, and protection of any Information by your health organization or its affiliates. Such organizations, their employees, physicians, and nurses are responsible for collecting, using, retaining, and protecting any personal and health information.
2. Type of Information Collected and Use
You might choose to actively provide certain kinds of information, including personally identifiable information, such as your full name, address, phone number, e-mail address and other personal details, etc. Concerning all content and information you provide to us, you represent and warrant TeleVU that you have the lawful right to do so without limitation or restriction. You are also expressly consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
The information we collect is different based on your role as it applies to our technology.
- For healthcare providers and organization staff, we collect name, e-mail address, position/title, employer/organization name, uploaded videos, and photos (including your headshot).
- For clients/patients, we collect name, client/patient numbers, treatment notes and data, uploaded videos, and photos (including your headshot)
3. How we collect information
Your information is collected via our app in different ways, including recording, storing, editing, interrogating, protecting, deleting and performing backups.
Your healthcare organization also inputs your data into our software or communicates such data via other electronic and physical means.
The personal and health information we collect via the app is on behalf of the healthcare organization that is responsible for your care and utilizes our software to provide care. We collect and use such information to perform our services.
4. Sharing personal information
Your personal information (as an employee or client/patient) is only shared with the healthcare organization to whom we collect the information on their behalf. This is the same organization you work for or receive health care.
The information collected is stored on our secure server in compliance with local, provincial, and federal laws to protect your information.
TeleVU will make every effort to protect your information from loss, misuse, or alteration by applying specific security measures. Once TeleVU receives your transmission, we enforce the following to ensure its security on our systems.
- A multilayer authentication login process uses a combination of password, access code, security questions and two-factor authentications to restrict and controls access to files containing personal data
- The device auto-lock feature required passcode entry. Three unsuccessful passcode attempts to lock out the user from access by removing the keys from the device. A new app session login is required at this point.
- Generate a private/public key pair for an end to end encryption between the device and backend server.
- Any personal information collected by the app is encrypted and can only be decrypted by the induvial/s in possession of the profile access key.
- Server private key is available only during the server’s active session and not available to any individual.
- Personal data is pseudonymized, which means that information is not anonymous, but it is encrypted.
- Data exchange between the device (client) and the cloud server is over an SSL (Secure Socket Layers) connection using TLS 1.2 (Transport Security Layer) protocol.
- Data communication between two devices is done through Web Socket Security connection and TLS.
- Session handling mortal cookies are generated on the server and passed on after authentication. Such cookies expire after 30 minutes unless there is another successful server request.
- RSA (Rivest–Shamir–Adleman) encryption algorithm and AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) are used for asymmetric and symmetric encryption of data.
- All individuals with access to personal information on behalf of us will have to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- The app is ISO27001 certified.
Any data collected by us will be retained unless specifically agreed upon in writing with the healthcare organization (who employs you or delivers care to you).
If we cease to provide services to the healthcare organization (who employs you or delivers care to you), the healthcare organization will determine how long the date, if at all, is retained.
If you have any further questions about the use of your personal information, you can either contact the healthcare organization (who employs you or delivers care to you) or contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
7. Uses and Disclosure of Information
We use the information we retain to help develop, update, improve, deliver & support our services and run our software platform. Except as otherwise expressly described above, TeleVU will not use and will not disclose or provide any of your personal information to any other person. However, TeleVU may disclose your personal information to the extent required by law or where TeleVU reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to comply with the law. Also, from time to time, TeleVU’s third-party service providers may have access to the information you share with us to provide operational or other support services for the software (e.g., hosting or data storage services).
8. Access to Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information on behalf of the health organization (who employs you or delivers care to you) and if you require access to your information, please contact the health organization. TeleVU will then work with health organization to assist with such request where possible in accordance with our agreement with the health organization.
If at any time you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact TeleVU in one of the following ways to send your comments or questions:
Phone: +1 437 886 5646
Website form: Click here